This ROM is Specially Designed For Users Who Often used to Play Games on Their Samsung Galaxy Fit S5670 & For Those Who wants Better System Performance.You can Also Experience Xperia Look on Your Phone.
Basically This ROM is Cyanogenmod 7 (CM7) which is Further Modified to Make Its Look Like Sony Xperia Stock Mod & Added Scripts For Better Performance. But As Usual There May Exist Bugs Which You Can Report Here in The Comment Section.
Lets Head to The Further Article…
Notice : This is Not the Official Update Released By Samsung Mobile For Galaxy Fit.This Update is a Custom ROM Build And It is Dubbed as “Xperia Gamerz Edition“.
In the Due Course of this article We will be checking,
- Feature of Xperia Gamerz Edition.
- Essential Steps Before Installing ROM.
- Procedure to Update Galaxy Fit with Xperia Gamerz Edition.
Disclaimer: At Samsung Galaxy Series, We Have Made This Article Covering Each And Every Part At Our Level Best.In Case If Any Damage Happens to Your Device (It Should not Be),We will Not Held Any Responsibility for It.
- Xperia Launcher from Stock ROM of Xperia X10 Mini.
- Added xLOUD & Beats Audio.
- TimeScape Resized to HDPI.
- Removed DSP Manager.
- New Drawer Animation.
- Bareboned (100 MB).
- Modified Kernel For Best Performance During Game Play.
- Scripts Added For Performance Improvements
- Original Boot Animation of Sony Xperia.
Essential Steps Before Installing ROM:
- You Must Enable USB Debugging By Checking the Box in your device by Following the Path Below:
Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB debugging .
- It will highly Recommended to Backup all Your data Stored in your phone So as to Restore it back just in case If You Lose or Corrupt the Data During this Process.
- Your Device Must be Charged up to 60% or Above Battery Level to Ensure that Your Device should not be Turned Off During this Process.
- It will be Recommended to Temporary Disable Security Tools as well as Antivirus Installed on your Computer as This might Interrupt the Process.
By Assuming that you have followed all the instructions mentioned in Essential Steps Before Installing ROM, you are now ready to proceed further where we will check on how to apply this Firmware Update in your phone.
Procedure to Update Galaxy Fit S5670 with Cyanogenmod Based Xperia Gamerz Edition:
For Simplicity This Article Has Been Divided Into 3 Simple Steps:
Step 1: Base Firmware Installation
- Before Proceeding, Your Device Must Custom Recovery Image Installed in it. As without Having Custom recovery installed,you cannot apply this update of Xperia Gamerz Edition.
Tip: For the Users who are Already on Custom ROM, They Can Directly Install This Update Through CWM.
- Your Device must be on Gingerbread 2.3.x ROM.Update Can not be Applied in Case If You Are on Froyo 2.2.x.If You are Other Than 2.3.x.Please Follow the Procedure Given Below.
Now, once you updated the device.You will need to proceed to install the Clock Work MOD Recovery in your phone which we will see in the next step.
Step 2: Clock Work MOD Installation
- First up you need to download these two Files:
- Extract the files and Find Odin 4.38.exe And BENI_v1.0.ops in your Extracted Folder.
- Now, Switch off Your Fit And Enter into Download Mode By Pressing Power+Menu Button+Volume Down Button Until Downloading Mode Appears.Open S5670_Odin_Multi_Downloader_v4.38.exe.Place BENI_v1.0.ops on OPS tab.Check the One Package Option.Place beni_cwm-5_ext4_v2.tar on One Package tab.Connect the device to PC which you have put in Downloading Mode.Press Startand wait for flashing process is finished.
Step 3: Installation of Xperia Gamerz Edition:
First up you need to download Zip file which is mentioned below in Computer.
- Now, once you are done with downloading the above file in your computer, you need to now copy the file in your phone and ensure that you are not placing these file deep into the phone. Please note that you should not modify or rename the files which you have downloaded or else there is a high probability that the file would not be supported.
- After this Enter in Recovery Mode by Holding Power Off + Menu Button Until Recovery Mode Appears.
- In the recovery mode, you will have to choose “choose zip from SD”. Now, from the list of files and paths you will need to first select the file which is named as “SonyHDFit2.0.zip” (or which You Have Copied to SD Earlier). Ensure that you select the file properly.
- Now, as soon as the process is over, Select Wipe Data/Factory Reset And Wipe Cache Partition.After All Done Select “Reboot System Now”.
So, there you go as soon as the phone is rebooted you will be Enjoying Xperia Gamerz Edition For Your Device. Let me know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues as I will try my level best to sort out the same.