Finally The Ultimate MIUI ROM For Galaxy Ace is Released. Though Its Not Official MIUI ROM But It is So Made That It Doesn’t Make Any Difference From Official MIUI. Just Like Cyanogenmod, MIUI Also Offers Customizable Settings. This ROM Supports Multi Languages Including Arabic & is Made From The Latest Release of CM9 (GalaxyICS). Check Out Features & Changelog Below For More Information.Now Over The Period of Article We Will Check Out on How To Update Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 With Latest MIUI4 2.3.8 ROM. (Please Note That This is Not A Official Firmware Update By Samsung).
Let Us Move To The Rest Portion Of the Article Where We Will Be Checking The Following Things,
- Features & Changelog of MIUI4 ROM.
- Essential Steps Before Installing Custom ROM On Samsung Galaxy Ace.
- Procedure to Update Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 with MIUI4 Custom ROM
Disclaimer: We Have Made This Article Covering Each And Every Part At Our Level Best.In Case If Any Damage Happens to Your Device (It Should not Be), Neither We Nor Developer Will Be Responsible for It.
Features & Changelog of MIUI4 ROM :
- Based On Latest Release of CM9 Nightly (GalaxyICS).
- Camera Working (Not Fully But Apparently).
- Included All Features of CM9.
- Deep Sleep Working.
- Multi Language Supported ROM (List is Given Below)
- Full MIUI Interface ROM (Check Screenshots Below).
XDA Developer : nims11.
ROM Thread At XDA : MIUI4 2.6.8
Essential Steps Before Installing ROM:
- You Must Enable USB Debugging By Checking the Box in your device by Following the Path Below:
Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB debugging
- It will highly Recommended to Backup all Your data Stored in your phone So as to Restore it back just in case If You Lose or Corrupt the Data During this Process.
- Your Device Must be Charged up to 70% or Above Battery Level to Ensure that Your Device should not be Turned Off During this Process.
- It will be Recommended to Temporary Disable Security Tools as well as Antivirus Installed on your Computer as This might Interrupt the Process.
By Assuming that you have followed all the instructions mentioned in Essential Steps Before Installing ROM, you are now ready to proceed further where we will check on how to apply this Firmware Update in your phone.
Tip: For the Users who are Already on Custom ROM, They Can Directly Install This Update Through CWM.
Procedure to Update Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 with MIUI4 Custom ROM :
For Simplicity We Have Divide This Article in 2 Simple Steps:
Step 1: Installation of Base Firmware
- Your Device Must Be Running Gingerbread 2.3.x ROM. This Update Can not be Applied in Case If You Are Running Froyo 2.2.x.
- If Your Device is Not Running On Gingerbread 2.3.x, Please Follow the Procedure to Update It to Latest 2.3.6 DDKQ8 Firmware.
Step 2: Installation of Custom Recovery & MIUI4 ROM Update
Before Proceeding, you need to Install Custom Recovery Image in Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 As Without Which You Can Not Apply The Update of MIUI4 ROM.
- Firstly You Need To Download Custom Recovery Package & MIUI4 ROM Mentioned Below :
- Once You Download The Two Files In Your PC , Connect Your Device To The Computer & Transfer Both The Files To Your Device’s Memory Card (SD Card). Ensure That You Are Not Placing These Files In The Deep Directories.
- After Transferring The Files To The Memory Card. Switch off Your Device & Enter Into The Recovery Mode. Recovery Mode Can Be Entered By Holding Home Button + Power Button Simultaneously Until Recovery Mode Appears.
Note : In Recovery Mode Touch Will Not Work. So Use The Volume Up & Down Key For Navigation & Home Button For Selection.
- In The Recovery Mode Select “apply sdcard:update.zip” & Then Locate “recovery-clockwork-18.104.22.168-galaxyace-fix.zip“. Now Select It By Pressing Home Button & Choose Yes To Install It. Wait Until It Installs Custom Recovery.
- As Soon As Custom Recovery Gets Installed, Switch Off The Device & Again Enter Into The Recovery Mode. Now You Will See That The Stock Recovery is Now Replaced By The Custom Clockworkmod Recovery i.e., You are Now Ready To Flash Any Flashable Custom ROM Through It.
- In CWM Recovery Select “install zip from sd” & Navigate miui-v4-cooper-2.6.8-multilanguage.zip ROM File Which You’ve Just Downloaded & Transferred To The SD. Select It By Pressing Home Button & Choose Yes To Install It.
- ROM Flashing Process Will Take Hardly 2-3 Minutes. Now As Soon As MIUI4 ROM Gets Flashed, Select Wipe Data/Factory Reset & Wipe Cache Partition. Restart Your Device By Pressing “reboot system now” From The Recovery Mode Itself.
- Your System Will be Restarted. (First Boot After Flashing New ROM Takes More Time Than The Usual).
Congratulation ! After Restarting You Will See That Your Device’s Firmware is Successfully Updated & By This Time You’ll Be Enjoying MIUI4 2.3.8 ROM On Your Phone.You Can It Here : Settings->About Phone.If Any Problem Persist During The Process of Flashing, Do Let Me Know In Comments, I Will There To Help You As Fast As I Can..