Samsung Galaxy Ace is one of the most famous Android phones in the world. Since it has 800 MHz processor, it is not likely to get updated from Gingerbread to any latest Android. But it is always showered with different custom ROMs based on different latest Android versions.
And we have news that will definitely bring smile on the faces of Ace user. The much awaited Cyanogenmod 10.1 based on Android 4.2 Jelly Bean is now revealed for this stylish device. Though it is not official release from Cyanogenmod team still you will found that most of the things are working properly.
All credits goes to senior XDA member Wayland_ACE for rolling out this for you. It has few bugs in secure Wi-Fi AP, audio routing and youtube control buttons. As all other things working properly, you should go for it to enjoy Android 4.2 Jelly Bean on your device.
Reading further article will help you to upgrade your Samsung Galaxy Ace with unofficial Cyanogenmod 10.1 based on Android 4.2 Jelly Bean.
Disclaimer: The tutorial written ahead has involved with lot of risk and can cause damage to your mobile. It is recommended that you should not go for it if you are unknown to these things. Read the article completely and follow all the steps at your own risk. We or developers are not responsible for any damage cause to your mobile.
This article is applicable only for Samsung Galaxy Ace with model number S5830. Do not implement it to any other device it might result in unwanted outcome.
- Charge your device at least up to 70% so that installation will proceed without any interruption.
- Take a backup of all your important personal data like SMS, MMS, APN, contacts etc. to the external memory as it gets vanished during installation.
- Mobile drivers must be installed on your PC. If you have installed kies on your PC then you don’t need to install them separately.
- Important!! Custom recovery like Clockworkmod recovery or TWRP recovery must be installed on your mobile.
Procedure to Flash Cyanogenmod 10.1 based on Android 4.2 Jelly Bean on Samsung Galaxy Ace:
- First of all download Cyanogenmod 10.1 for Samsung Galaxy Ace.
- Click here to download.
- Also download Gapps for Jelly Bean.
- Click here to download.
- Connect your mobile to PC through USB cable. Enable USB debugging on. Copy both files to the external memory. Don’t extract them.
- Now disconnect mobile from PC. Switch off it and enter into CWM recovery mode. For that press Home button + Power button simultaneously until CWM recovery mode opens. (You can release power button after Samsung logo appears but keep holding other two until recovery mode shows up).
- For taking nandroid backup of current system, select backup & restore followed by backup. This will take nandroid backup which will be saved in external memory.
- Next select wipe data/factory reset and then wipe cache partition to wipe all the data & caches respectively from the phone memory.
- Select install zip form sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard. Choose Cyanogenmod 10.1 zip file from the list. Select Yes for confirmation.
- This will take few minutes for flashing the ROM. Finally you will see recovery menu again.
- Repeat the above procedure of install zip from sdcard and then choose zip from sdcard for the Gapps package.
- After successful flashing of both files, select +++++go back+++++ and then reboot system now.
Good job!! Your Samsung Galaxy Ace is now running on Android 4.2 Jelly Bean through Cyanogenmod 10.1. Share your views about this custom ROM.
Tip: In case if you don’t like this ROM, you can easily switch back to previous one just by entering into recovery mode. Then select the Backup and Restore option from the recovery mode & then select restore & choose your latest backup to restore. Your mobile will be rebooted with that backup.